Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So I actually bought a hardcover book new...

So yesterday, I did something that I haven't done in a LONG time. I bought a brand new hardcover book solely for my own personal reading pleasure. I've been following Eric Flint's 1632-verse ever since I read the free e-books made available by the literary crack dealers fine folks at the Baen Free Library and I'm rather engrossed by the story of world history as it would have been if a small coal mining town from 1999 West Virginia had been dropped into the middle of Germany during the Thirty Years War. Given the cash outlay involved, I'm pleased to say that the latest book in the series, 1636: The Saxon Uprising, is a really fun read. Indeed, it was just one of those books that you just plain have trouble putting down, and I ended up reading until about 2:30 AM (and not even realizing how late it was getting) in my quest to finish things and I suspect that anybody who like good, exciting fiction will probably feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment